I'm leaving

Here you can talk about anything that isn't covered by the other categories.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

I'm leaving

Post by Cassius Clay »

I used to joke that I would leave the country if Trump got elected. But, witnessing that spectacle last night(and people's reactions, both on the left and right) made me realize that the fact that Trump has even been allowed to rise to this point is enough to say that this country is irredeemable. This motherfucker brought sexual assault accusers to shamelessly use as a shield from accusations of assault...and they went along with it. I still don't know how to process that. Last night, SEXUAL ASSAULT SURVIVORS WILLINGLY COLLUDED WITH A PREDATOR TO WEAPONIZE THEIR OWN ASSAULTS, possibly as rationalizations for their own political leanings. On one hand, you want to want to be understanding to the fact that you can't blame these women for wanting someone to finally hear them, and it's a shame they are being exploited like this, but on the other hand WHAT THE FUCK??

And while the right celebrates Trump's "victory"(because they didn't listen to the content, and assumed that bullying and dominance tactics = winning a debate.....which really says everything you need to know about that mindset), many on the left still refuse to call a spade a spade and name hate/evil/narcissism for what it is. Many feigning horror at how shocking and disheartening it is that we've gotten to this point, while still not having the balls(or the pussy) to publicly call out where this ugliness is coming from.
aels
Global Moderator

Re: I'm leaving

Post by aels »

I saw your title and thought you were leaving the board and I was about to be all 'NOOOOO DON'T GO TROY' but leaving America is a good call. Don't come to Britain, it's all fucked here. Brexit has been the 'My country is garbage and full of garbage people' call that you're currently having about the US. Head to Canada. That Trudeau chap sounds nice.
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Classic clickbait. Now I'm going to make all the monies from the clicks. That's how that works, right?

The parallels between the politics in Britain and the US - and even Australia - are...interesting. Canada sounds cool, but those accents tho.
phe_de
Ultra Poster

Post by phe_de »

Where to?
Common sense is another word for prejudice.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

My mind palace.
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Post by Derived Absurdity »

Trudeau is a piece of shit.

And if it makes you feel any better, Trump is on set to lose in epic, history-making, landslide proportions to the second most unpopular candidate in recorded American history. He's about to lose to an extent many people didn't even think was possible anymore (due to political polarization), to the second most unpopular candidate in history. You can't lose much harder than that.

Yes, 96% of political commentators, of all stripes, are horrible garbage people. Delusional, inane, pointless, self-centered hacks, all of them. This is known.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I'm still leaving.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

UK politics does suck at the moment, but we still, i think, have the largest left wing party in europe. Putting all my eggs in one basket, that basket being Corbyn and his unelectability...despite being elected twice [none]
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Mention of Corbyn gives me an excuse to share this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/roqchams/sta ... 93/video/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anakin McFly
Ultimate Poster

Post by Anakin McFly »

I also fell for the clickbait. [none] I'm glad you're staying here.
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

Fuck it, I'm leaving too. I can't handle it anymore after reading this: https://goo.gl/zHkwwu
Boomer
Super Poster

Post by Boomer »

Monk wrote:Fuck it, I'm leaving too. I can't handle it anymore after reading this: https://goo.gl/zHkwwu
I've seen people say a lot of fucked up things on the Internet, but that really takes the cake.
...the only people for me are the mad ones...
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

That. Is. Horrific.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Anakin McFly wrote:I also fell for the clickbait. [none] I'm glad you're staying here.
[cheers]
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

I know, right?
Derived Absurdity
Ultimate Poster

Oh my freaking God I hate you people.
BruceSmith78