Ummm...what's the deal with Spiderman?

Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Ummm...what's the deal with Spiderman?

Post by Cassius Clay »

I didn't know he was gonna be in 'Civil War'. I honestly don't really follow this shit, but last I heard, Sony were being little bitches about not letting him be in any of these other marvel movies.
Gendo
Site Admin

Re: Ummm...what's the deal with Spiderman?

Post by Gendo »

Man you missed a lot from about a year ago. Sony and Marvel had some deal where Marvel was going to be able to use Spiderman. The deal was originally leaked early when Sony's servers and emails were hacked.

It's because of this that Garfield isn't getting to do an Amazing Spiderman 3. With the deal, Marvel was able to re-do Spiderman as part of the MCU. The deal included a Spiderman film, as well as use of the Spiderman characters is at least 1 other Marvel movie, which turns out to be Civil War.
Blade Azaezel
Ultra Poster

Post by Blade Azaezel »

Spiderman plays a fairly big role in Civil War, iirc, so it was good Marvel got to use him.
CashRules
Ultimate Poster

Post by CashRules »

So basically they are rebooting Spiderman for the second time in less than five years.
__
You can't hang a man for killing a woman who's trying to steal his horse.
BruceSmith78
Ultimate Poster

Post by BruceSmith78 »

Gendo's wrong. There were talks between Sony and Marvel in the leak, but no deal was made. Then The Amazing Spiderman 2 didn't do nearly as well as Sony had hoped, and they announced a deal maybe a month or two after that, and officially cancelled the Garfield stuff and the Sinister Six stuff they had planned. I actually liked Garfield as Spiderman, but I also like the idea of Spiderman joining the Avengers, so I was torn.
Gendo
Site Admin

Post by Gendo »

Talks leaked, a deal leaked, closed enough.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Yeah...I didn't even know all that was going on. I did hear that Garfield's Spiderman was canceled. Imagine my surprise when he suddenly shows up in the trailer for 'Civil War'.

And because of that, I didn't even notice that Black Panther is in it too. What in the fuck Is going on?
Monk
Ultra Poster

Post by Monk »

I think Garfield was fantastic as Spider-man. People complained about his Peter Parker portrayal, but that was more of a direction decision than an acting, based on the dialog.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

I didn't really like Garfield. I'm not sure why. Too snarky?

I know Parker is supposed to be snarky(at least, while he's spiderman), but I think Garfield came across as obnoxious to me.
Unvoiced_Apollo
Ultimate Poster

Post by Unvoiced_Apollo »

Cassius Clay wrote:Yeah...I didn't even know all that was going on. I did hear that Garfield's Spiderman was canceled. Imagine my surprise when he suddenly shows up in the trailer for 'Civil War'.

And because of that, I didn't even notice that Black Panther is in it too. What in the fuck Is going on?
Well, they probably didn't want to look racist by killing Rhodes while also keeping a nice balance of white, so they squeezed Black Panther in there.
Cassius Clay
Ultimate Poster

Post by Cassius Clay »

Unvoiced_Apollo wrote:
Cassius Clay wrote:Yeah...I didn't even know all that was going on. I did hear that Garfield's Spiderman was canceled. Imagine my surprise when he suddenly shows up in the trailer for 'Civil War'.

Well, they probably didn't want to look racist by killing Rhodes while also keeping a nice balance of white, so they squeezed Black Panther in there.
You've become more cynical than me. [none]

Though, it is also a smart way to introduce to the character before his stand-alone movie comes out.